About Ankura: Ankura is an expert services firm defined by HOW we solve challenges. Whether a client is facing an immediate business or legal challenge, trying to increase the value of their company or protect against future risks, Ankura designs, develops, and executes tailored solutions by assembling the right combination of expertise. We build on this experience with every case, client, and situation, collaborating to create innovative, customized solutions, and strategies designed for today’s ever-changing business environment. This gives our clients unparalleled insight and experience across a wide range of economic, governance, and regulatory challenges. At Ankura, we know that collaboration drives results.
Position: Associate, Disputes & Economics
Locations: Washington D.C.
Practice Summary: The Disputes and Economics practice in Washington D.C. focuses on assisting clients with complex economic and financial issues related to commercial disputes and regulatory proceedings, often in the fields of energy, healthcare, and intellectual property.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Associates, working as part of a project team, perform critical, value-added work. The ideal candidate must be able to collaborate with team members, juggle a wide range of tasks and activities, and use creative problem-solving skills to conduct quantitative and qualitative analysis in support of expert economic reports, and testimony or research, often in a litigation context. Candidate must also be focused, organized, and detail oriented. Flexible hours and overtime are required and may be unexpected at times. Primary responsibilities include:
- Data gathering activities including research and document review
- Performing a wide range of tasks on data received from clients. For example, loading, cleaning, and validating the data followed by transforming the data into structured data formats
- Conducting economic and statistical analyses, and interpreting and presenting results
- Assisting with the preparation of expert reports and exhibits
- Auditing of data analyses and written work performed by others
- Supporting expert witnesses during depositions and live hearings
Basic Qualifications, Skills, and Characteristics:
- Undergraduate degree with a major in Economics or a related field
- Solid academic performance in their course of study with a 3.3 GPA or better
- A working knowledge of MS Office Suite (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Strong research and analytical skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong ability to independently problem solve
- Additional qualifications include:
Initiative, adaptability, creative problem-solving skills
Ability to work well with teams
- Limited travel or no travel expected in this position
- Advanced technical skills with statistical and/or database programming software (e.g., SQL, R, Python, Stata, SAS) is a plus.
Ankura is an equal employment opportunity employer. Employment Opportunities at Ankura are based upon one’s qualifications and capabilities to perform the essential function of a particular job. All employment opportunities are provided without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This Equal Employment opportunity governs all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, recruitment, hiring, selection, job assignment, promotions, transfers, compensation, discipline, termination, layoff, access to benefits and training, and all other conditions and privileges of employment.