About Analysis Group’s HEOR Practice:
Founded in 1981, Analysis Group is one of the largest international economics consulting firms, with more than 1,000 professionals across 14 offices. Analysis Group’s health care experts apply analytical expertise to health economics and outcomes research, clinical research, market access and commercial strategy, and health care policy engagements, as well as drug safety-related engagements in epidemiology. Analysis Group’s internal experts, together with its network of affiliated experts from academia, industry, and government, provide our clients with exceptional breadth and depth of expertise and end-to-end consulting services globally.
Analysis Group draws upon deep expertise in health economics, outcomes research, market access, data science, biostatistics and epidemiology to provide innovative, data-driven strategies for clients in the life sciences industry across all phases of product development and commercialization. Our work helps clients define markets, demonstrate value, and inform business decisions throughout product lifecycles. We have a broad range of expertise and collaborate with leading academics in heath economics, biostatistics, econometrics, statistics, epidemiology, and psychometrics to offer cutting-edge analyses and analytical tools to address business challenges that require rigorous, evidence-based research.
About the Analyst Position:
As an analyst, you have the opportunity to work on complex business problems within a collaborative environment. Analysts can expect to work on multiple projects at a time. Responsibilities and work experiences across consulting engagements vary widely by project and may include:
- Analyzing economic and health care data from a variety of sources including administrative claims data, clinical trial data, registries and medical chart data using algorithms and statistical programming in Java, Python, R, SAS, Stata, VBA and other programs
- Conducting a range of health economics analyses such as treatment pattern and outcomes, comparative effectiveness, cost-effectiveness, and budget impact
- Developing data analyses using statistical methods and analytical tools including econometric estimation of models, survival analysis and machine learning
- Creating dynamic visualizations to rapidly explore data and models
- Developing and programming databases and analytic files
- Conducting economic evaluations and drawing inferences from medical literature
- Synthesizing qualitative and quantitative information from diverse sources including academic literature, clinical trial data, findings from primary market research, and administrative claims data to support market access and commercialization objectives
- Developing market access strategy including market assessment, evidence generation strategy, product development, and pricing and reimbursement for drugs, diagnostics, and devices
- Creating visual presentation of findings from quantitative and qualitative analyses in PowerPoint presentations
Analysis Group fosters a progressive and academically oriented work environment, with an emphasis on teamwork and collaboration across diverse areas of expertise. Specifically, we seek candidates who have:
- A bachelor’s and/or master’s degree in biostatistics, economics, epidemiology, health economics, health policy, mathematics, public health, statistics or related subjects
- Passion for using data and analytics to solve the economic and business challenges our clients face
- Demonstrated analytical, quantitative, and organizational skills
- Experience or a strong interest in statistical programming, data analysis, and applying quantitative methods to real-world research problems in the life sciences industry
- An excellent academic record
- Experience or a strong interest in statistical programming
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- An excellent academic record
- Effectively worked independently and within a team
- Excellent attention to detail
- A desire to continuously learn and develop professionally
Applicants are required to have at least a 3.3 GPA or higher in their most recent degree to be considered.
Analysts often move on to top graduate programs for an MS, MBA, JD, or Ph.D. after their tenure with the firm; some return as associates after graduate school.
How to Apply:
When submitting your resume, please include all unofficial transcripts (undergraduate and graduate if applicable) and a cover letter indicating geographic preference(s).
- Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)