SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
The Commercial/Finance Associate Trainee will be part of the Amtrak Rotational Program hired into one of various entry level positions in the Commercial and/or Finance organizations including Financial Analysis, Financial Planning, Procurement Continuous Improvement, Customer and Marketing Analytics, Planning and Revenue Management. The Trainee will have line responsibility within the organization they are a part of and will acquire the foundational skills need to rotate to other departments in the program and eventually other parts of the company. The exposure and training obtained in this program, will prepare the Trainee for future roles in Amtrak. The program will feature 2-3 rotations across the organizational areas over 2 years. Participants in the program will get exposure to Amtrak leadership throughout the 2-year cycle. Start Dates in January 2022 and June 2022.
- Perform detailed benefits and financial analyses
- Develop proficiency with analysis tools and methodologies
- Gain expert knowledge of data sources, definitions, and repositories
- Gain knowledge and expertise in business dynamics and customer behavior
- Manage small projects end to end
- Work cross functionally with commercial, financial, and operational groups
- Look creatively for revenue, customer experience and business efficiency opportunities and pursue their realization
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Marketing, Business Administration, Organizational Management, Industrial or Mechanical Engineering, or a related field or the equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- Demonstrated ability to collect, summarize, analyze, and communicate financial & operational data/information.
- Demonstrated ability to build rapport within all levels of the organization and to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization.
- High initiative with ability to multi-task and deliver results in a team and/or autonomous setting
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, self-starter, motivated individual.
- Ability to prepare and make effective presentations, conducting effective, informative, and productive meetings, planning, organizing, and scheduling.
- Master’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, or Commercial function
- Demonstrated work experience in data analysis
- Working knowledge of analytical applications and databases
COMMUNICATIONS AND INTERPERSONAL SKILLS:
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.