Amsted Rail has an immediate opening for a Financial Analyst at its operation in Granite City, Illinois.
The Financial Analyst performs various duties to support the accounting, finance and reporting functions of the business and its operations. The ideal candidate is a detail-oriented, highly motivated self-starter interested in an accounting role that involves learning a business and working closely with operations while ensuring the accuracy and integrity of financial statements and reports.
- Perform all accounting and reporting for two minority owned international joint ventures and one minority owned domestic joint venture
- Review month end results with each joint venture’s management team and hold periodic calls as requested by ASF management to review the results of the operations
- Assist with the month-end closing process, including preparation of journal entries, general ledger account analysis and variance analysis
- Reconcile assigned accounts monthly with a focus of clearing reconciling items in a timely manner
- Prepare monthly reports and supporting schedules for inclusion in Management’s monthly operations package
- Assist with the accounting and reporting function at one other domestic manufacturing facility
- Review monthly working fund activity and reconcile activity to the bank account and general ledger
- Support with SOX financial controls activity
- Identify, recommend and implement improvements to existing processes and internal controls
- Perform additional tasks and ad-hoc projects as needed
- B.S. in Accounting/Finance
- MBA / CPA preferred
- 3-5 years of progressive accounting (or related) experience, manufacturing experience a plus
- Experience with ERP systems (SAP a plus)
- High energy individual, self-starter, results focused
- Enthusiastic with the willingness to learn and share ideas
Working at Amsted Rail:
We are a privately held, 100% employee-owned company! As an Amsted Rail employee, you are an owner. Our commitment to employee’s professional satisfaction includes creating space and opportunities to be creative and an integral part of our innovation journey and business success; for employee’s personal fulfillment, we invest in everyone’s growth and development while ensuring a work environment that values them as an individual, with their unique set of strengths and beliefs.
Amsted Rail is an industry leader that can offer more than a chance to succeed. Through our competitive wages, outstanding benefits, and internal development and advancement opportunities, you will have the chance to create a career of which you can be proud, whether inside Amsted Rail or within one of our other five businesses within Amsted Industries.
Benefits include being an employee-owner participating in our ESOP program and benefiting from an additional full range of benefits including medical, dental, vision and 401(k) matching.
Visit our website at www.amstedrail.com. You will be impressed!
Please apply at www.amstedrail.com/careers.