Data Scientist Intern
AMPLY is a fast-growing 2020 Global CleanTech 100 company, honored for innovation in Electric Vehicle Fleet Charging and Management. AMPLY Power, Inc. is seeking a world-class problem solver who has a passion for data and a relentless focus on execution and delivery. As a Data Scientist Intern, you will generate insights by conducting extensive analyses of AMPLY’s rich data. AMPLY Power provides you with valuable learning and growth opportunities as you share your knowledge and ideas with the team.
This is a full-time paid internship based at our HQ office in Mountain View, CA.
- Utilize data engineering tools to process big data in a scalable and automated fashion
- Aggregate data from various sources to construct streamlined data pipelines and integrate data from multiple systems
- Design and build business KPI dashboards and data visualizations
- Identify key metrics and build exec-facing dashboards to track the progress of the business and its highest priority initiatives
- Identify key business levers, establish cause & effect, perform analyses, and communicate key findings to various stakeholders to facilitate data-driven decision-making
- Work closely across the matrix with teams like Marketing, Product, Engineering, and Senior Executives
- Lead and participate in special projects/initiatives: innovate and implement large-scale quality improvements to processes and/or systems by conducting data analysis and making recommendations, troubleshooting technical issues, and refining processes around customer support
- Must be earning a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Math, Statistics, Data Science, or related field
- Experience in at least one programming language (eg. R, Python, Hive, Java, Ruby, Scala/Spark or Perl etc)
- Experience with SQL or other relational databases.
- Demonstrated experience, familiarity and ease with handling large data sets and crunching numbers
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to translate complex problems into simpler terms, and effectively influence both peers and senior leadership
- Experience with data visualization tools (eg. Tableau, BI dashboarding, R visualization packages, etc.)
- Experience in applied statistics and statistical modeling in at least one statistical software package, (eg. Advanced R package, SAS, SPSS)
- Experience in Hadoop or other MapReduce paradigms and associated languages such as Pig and Hive