AMEWAS, Inc., a growing Department of Defense (DoD)/ Federal Contractor, built on the premise of “Innovating Tomorrow’s Solutions Today.” We’ve created a close knit family culture focused on continual learning, professionalism and high-performance. Our customers give us praise for the quality of our product: our employees.
Come find out why.
AMEWAS, Inc. is seeking a highly motivated and talented Instrumentation Electrical Engineer to support Electromagnetic Environmental Effects.
This position is classified as AMEWAS labor category Engineer.
About the location: California, Maryland or Patuxent River, Maryland #1 City Hiring the Most High-Tech Workers (California-Lexington Park, Maryland). To learn more about our surrounding location, please visit: Visit St. Mary’s.
A typical day as an Electrical Engineer may include:
- Operates, and maintains automated electromagnetic data acquisition equipment for the collection of induced electromagnetic transient data
- Supports the setup and maintenance of electrical sensing equipment for real-time data acquisition during electromagnetic effects testing
- Analyzes, designs, implements, and evaluates automated data processing software related to engineering or functional requirements of electromagnetic transient data collection.
- Characterizes electromagnetic sensing equipment using network analyzers
- Perform frequency domain corrections of data samples such as applying probe correction factors or performing extrapolation of larger data sets
- Confers with customers, engineers, and other officials to discuss existing or current data acquisition techniques or measured results from the data acquisition system. This includes having the ability to convey possible mistakes and inaccuracies that may occur
- Ensures compliance with specifications, standards or customer requirements by assisting or coordinating installation, maintenance, documentation, support or testing activities
- BS in Electrical Engineering
- Minimum of 3 years’ relevant work experience
- Willing to work outdoors in an industrial environment
- Experience using electrical test equipment with emphasis on oscilloscopes
- Willing to work overtime
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications, to include MS Word, Outlook, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint
- The ability to obtain and maintain a DoD SECRET security clearance
Skills crucial to success at AMEWAS, Inc.:
Customer-focused attitude with high level of professionalism and discretion. Ability to work effectively with management and part of a team to meet targets. Is reliable, possesses initiative, and works well as an individual or part of a team.
Physical environment and working conditions:
The physical environment requires the employee to work in an office, sitting in a cubicle or at a desk, looking at a computer for most of the workday. Work is physically comfortable. The employee has discretion about sitting, walking, standing, etc.
The employee may be required to travel short distances to offices/conference rooms and buildings on site. In some occasions, the employee may be required to report to offices or buildings near the work site. In rare occasions, overnight travel may be required.
Refer to a friend:
If you know someone who may be interested, please share this posting. We are a growing team and there may be more opportunities like this one here at AMEWAS, Inc.!
More about Us:
AMEWAS, Inc. is a small, Veteran-run company that has been providing excellent technical, engineering, administrative, and management services to the Department of Defense for more than 35 years. At AMEWAS we understand the need for a successful work/life balance and are focused not just on fulfilling customers’ needs, but ensuring our employees are a top priority as well.
Staying connected to our core values sets us apart from our competition! AMEWAS easily recognizes and rewards performance, dedication and longevity. We are committed to investing in our employees and their future by providing them with competitive compensation, career development, optimum working conditions, and unique benefits.
AMEWAS participates with E-Verify to confirm eligibility to work in the United States.
It is the policy of AMEWAS, Inc. to provide equal employment opportunities for all without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other protected characteristic under applicable law. Additionally, AMEWAS, Inc. will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known or perceived disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship. Individuals with disabilities who need assistance with the application process may call 301-863-7102. Finally, AMEWAS, Inc. strictly follows guidelines regarding the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Be sure to check out the rest of our website at www.amewas.com for more information about our company, benefits & family!
Our excellent benefits and perks include:
- Medical, dental, vision, 401(k), Life/AD&D/STD/LTD insurance
- Paid vacation, holiday and sick leave
- Generous tuition & training assistance program
- Relocation assistance
- Sign-on bonuses
- Employee longevity recognition
- Community involvement & outreach
- Team building events
- Recognition program
- Wellness program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Mobile service discount
- Discounted gym membership