American Energy Technologies Co. of Arlington Heights, IL (AETC) is a small business located in the greater Chicago area, operating since 2009. AETC supplies the battery community with internally developed and manufactured products including specialty Lithium primary batteries; a line of thermally and electrically conductive graphite dispersions and paints; a line of spherical graphite for anodes in lithium-ion batteries, and a variety of battery parts for the R&D equipment market. The company is actively engaged with industrial R&D consulting and process development, serving more than forty domestic and international customers. AETC is presently building a large-scale battery materials manufacturing facility in the greater Chicago area (production of battery carbons and graphites for batteries).
The company currently has 22 employees, about 20 contractors, and maintains a number of cooperative technology development agreements with leading universities and national laboratories in the United States and abroad.
Below is AETC’s mission statement: American Energy Technologies Co. is a U.S., privately held, manufacturing company. We create value through innovation in the areas of sustainable energy and industrial graphite and carbon by operating on a technological juncture of new materials development, electrochemistry, organic and inorganic chemistry, nano-materials, and engineering. We efficiently take our developments to the marketplace using advanced niche marketing, aided by our commitment to superior product quality, consistency, and sustainability. Building on our own expertise, along with that of strategic partnerships, we strive to deliver cutting-edge products; build customer-partner relationships; and foster the professional development of our employees – the most valuable intangible assets we have.
Currently, we are hiring college graduates who have hands-on experience of working in chemical / powder laboratory settings interested in building their professional expertise with industrial laboratory / pilot plant chemical engineering operations in the domains of graphite and carbon, batteries, industrial synthesis / process development, and control automation.
AETC is seeking candidates with the following qualifications:
- BS, BA, BSE, or further education in engineering, materials science, chemistry, or a related field (graduating in or before June 2022). Candidates who have already graduated may start immediately, and current students are expected to begin work right after graduation.
- Strong knowledge of chemical, materials science, and industrial processing concepts
- Laboratory skills (wet lab research preferred)
- Exceptional technical writing skills
- Interest in manufacturing and processing of carbonaceous materials
- Ability to work independently, in a team, and as a project manager
- Computer literacy, including fluency in Microsoft Office, scientific instrumentation software, CAD modeling (preferred but not required)
Successful candidates, upon becoming full-time employees, will be offered a competitive vacation and benefits package that includes 401 (k), medical, dental, and vision plans and a number of other company-provided benefit programs. Since a portion of our work involves projects with the Department of Defense, US citizenship / permanent residency is a requirement for consideration of employment.