At Amazon, we are excited to offer undergraduate students the opportunity to launch into big careers with limitless possibilities. We know searching for a full-time role is as much about finding a company where you can picture yourself being successful as it is about finding the right role. We look forward to meeting you and your classmates this year. As we get to know you more, we invite you to get to know us better.
Visit www.amazon.com/about to:
· Learn more about our businesses by reviewing Press Releases on our Investor Relations site, Jeff’s 2020 Letter to Shareholders, and the first letter shared in 1997, which is included in our annual report each year
· Learn more about Amazonians and follow us on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn
· Learn more about our commitment to our communities, diversity and military veterans
· Learn more about our headquarters in Seattle as well as where we operate around the world.
· BY SUBMITTING AN APPLICATION TO THIS ROLE YOU WILL BE CONSIDERED FOR NATIONWIDE OPPORTUNITIES.
· You must be open to relocate across the US for this role.
· Please list your Undergraduate School and expected graduation date within the Education section of your online application.
· Full-time recruitment will occur during September 2021- November 2021.
· This position will start early February 2022.
What does it look like to be an Operations Finance partner for a $350 billion and growing startup? Cutting-edge technology, automation and a fast pace environment attract some of the brightest in Operations to help us redefine our distribution network every year. To do so, we look for exceptional candidates who possess the leadership to influence, a bias for action, and the passion to think big while diving deep. At Amazon, we move with purpose and speed, and this requires we work with a dynamic network of Operations, HR, Tech and Retail partners. We help others understand finance and are the trusted business partner by employing every facet of data and communication to ensure our partners and our leaders have the most up to date and reliable information to help them make the best possible decision. Come teach us a few things, and we’ll teach you a few things as we navigate the most customer-centric company on Earth.
The Operations Finance Rotation Program (OFRP) – Operations Financial Analyst role is an intensive two year, entry-level undergraduate rotational program spanning four 6-month assignments in preparation for large leadership roles in finance. Candidates are placed throughout various locations in the U.S. Candidates will be placed on various finance teams that support an aspect of customer fulfillment. What is fulfillment you ask? Fulfillment is how we refer to completing or fulfilling a customer’s Amazon.com order and the acts of picking, packing, shipping and delivering their order to meet or exceed their expectations! The program combines ongoing training opportunities and challenging job assignments to equip you with exceptional financial, business, leadership, and technical skills. The program is led by senior Amazon professionals and mentors that are committed to developing financial leaders for exciting careers.
This rotational program will offer you the opportunity for accelerated career growth, and provides exposure to business leaders in a culture that recognizes and rewards excellence. After successful completion of this rotational program, participants are expected to take on financial leadership positions supporting one of Amazon’s many business units. Successful candidates will bring diverse perspectives and varied experiences (whether from school, life, or past jobs).
· Participating in planning and maintaining/improving operational finance metrics and model.
· Conducting financial analysis to help identify capital investment requirements and/or cost reduction opportunities.
· Partnering with operational leadership and frontline associates to identify, develop, and enact process improvements within the supply chain process.
· Designing and maintaining insightful reporting to drive action of business partners.
· Interpreting and communicating results to Finance, Operations and other support department leaders.
· Exposure to both variable and fixed budgeting and reconciliation on a weekly, monthly, and yearly level, upwards of $250MM.
Locations and Placement:
This is a rotational program and willingness to relocate multiple times throughout the two year program is required (Locations will vary and candidates could be placed nationwide. Position location is most heavily weighted on business need, but will also take into account individual location preference. This is not a virtual role.).
· Currently enrolled in a bachelor’s degree program (or a dual degree/submatriculation master’s degree program you are completing concurrently with your bachelor’s degree at the same school) with an expected graduation conferral date between May 2021-December 2021.
· Currently working towards a Bachelor’s degree in finance, economics, industrial engineering, accounting, supply chain management, operations and information systems, business administration and management, or related field.
· Desire and ability to work successfully in an ambiguous environment.
· Problem solving and root cause analysis experience.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills.
· Fluency in Excel; experience in SQL, VBA, PowerBI and other data visualization software a plus.
· Strong analytical ability and business judgement.
· Attention to detail and the ability to self-start and self-motivate.
· Leadership skills and the ability to meet deadlines while managing multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit US Disability Accommodations.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction record.
The pay for this position in Colorado is $32.16/hr; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon’s internal or external careers site.