Location: Los Angeles, CA, United States
We create smart innovations to meet the mobility challenges of today and tomorrow. We design and manufacture a complete range of transportation systems, from high-speed trains to electric buses and driverless trains, as well as infrastructure, signalling and digital mobility solutions. Joining us means joining a truly global community of more than 75 000 people dedicated to solving real-world mobility challenges and achieving international projects with sustainable local impact.
Join us as an HSE Specialist, and you’ll be looking at a career-defining role based in Los Angeles (CA), US.
You will ensure/provide a safe and healthy environment to our people and to our contractors, minimize impacts on the Environment (environmental footprint of operations & management of historical pollution). Protect Alstom assets and reduce risks of business interruption resulting from fire and natural catastrophes.
- Support Site Management in achieving EHS results
- Drive the implementation of EHS policy on the field according to the Alstom/Region/Country-Cluster guidelines and targets, and the improvement of EHS results in the site.
- Prepare, implement and maintain emergency plans at Site level..
- Make sure activities of sub-contractors are under control with respect to EHS, especially where interfaces are involved with other contractors or operational areas.
- Has full authority and must stop any operational activity resulting in a immediate high risk to People or the Environment.
- Lead the EHS function in the site
- Monitor, assist, coach, assess, develop the EHS teams in the site
- Conduct induction programs for new EHS people in the site.
- Involve social and medical partners and communicate with them about EHS
- Develop Site EHS Management System
- Develop, deploy and maintain the local procedures and tools applicable to the Site specific for EHS Management System in line with Transport& Country/Cluster EHS Management System
- EHS Compliance
- Monitor compliance with all relevant statutory, regulatory, contractual and company requirements & propose actions to correct any gap
- Maintain appropriate records and documentation of the Site.
- Monitor historical pollution & associated risks
- Develop EHS culture in the site
- Influence the site EHS performance: facilitate change and EHS continuous improvement
- Built the site EHS communication plan
- Prepare and implement an EHS training plan and program with the support from HR and a local EHS communication plan.
- Report, Measure & Review
- Ensure that Accidents/Incidents are first prevented, and when occurring, reported, recorded, investigated and analyzed. Establish and communicate REX reports in case of severe or potentially severe accidents. Ensure Alstom EHS call for actions are deployed at site level.
- Prepare and submit monthly EHS reports. Feed EHS Teranga reporting system in line with Group reporting requirements. Is accountable for data quality of the Site.
- Organize and lead internal EHS audits and inspections of the EHS reporting process in the Country/Cluster
- University Engineer or Business Degree
- Experience of almost 3 years in Environment, Health & Safety
- Good knowledge and understanding of ISO14001, OHSAS 18001,ISO45001
- Deep knowledge of local legal requirements.
- Experience in railway is a plus
- Teamwork and leadership
- Initiative and action driven
- Analytic thinking, rigorous mindset
- Good computer skills
- Continuous Improvement tools
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
An agile, inclusive and responsible culture is the foundation of our company where diverse people are offered excellent opportunities to grow, learn and advance in their careers. We are committed to encouraging our employees to reach their full potential, while valuing and respecting them as individuals.
Alstom is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, National, or Local Laws.
Effective 29 January 2021, Alstom completed the acquisition of Bombardier Transportation. This is a Bombardier Transportation Legal Entity Position – positions at Bombardier Transportation companies are all members of the Alstom Group.