As an ALSAC intern, you will learn from experts who have helped us become one of America’s top healthcare charities while supporting the life-saving mission of St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital.
Our spring program offers a 10 week fully immersed experience. You will be assigned a day to day manager in your industry and our program manager will lead you with networking and professional development events.
- Start Date: February 4, 2022
- End Date: April 15, 2022
- Hours: 20 hours a week (Monday – Friday)
- Pay Rate: All ALSAC interns are paid. Pay rate is based on work location.
- Work Location: 100% Remote
- A passion for our mission!
- Must be actively enrolled in an accredited college or university and in good standing.
- Ability to work in a team environment but also work strong independently.
- Ability to be organized and detailed to balance several projects simultaneously.
- Must have experience with Zoom and Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, and Power Point.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
Specific Internship Description and Preferred Skills:
The Social Media Engagement and Social Fundraising Intern will provide strategic recommendations and write content to engage with corporate partners, influencers and celebrities through @StJude social media channels. This role will also work in collaboration with development partners to support content needs around social fundraising goals.
- Work with social media team to create content and identify engagement opportunities for St. Jude global accounts with a combined following of 3.5M.
- Experience working with social media content systems like Sprinklr or Hootsuite a plus
- Projects include:
- Keep a pulse on social media trends and conversations and identify opportunities for St. Jude to join the conversation.
- Competitive analysis of other brands on social media to inform St. Jude engagement tactics and content.
- Work with our Communications Team and internal business partners such as Donor Cultivation and Performance Marketing.
Majors preferred: Social Media, Digital Media, Communications, Marketing, Business, Humanities or related major
Skills preferred: Social media, writing, creative thinking, critical thinking, curiosity, making connections
Application & Interview Process:
After you submit your application and if you meet requirements, you will be sent an email to complete a virtual video interview from HireVue. Your submission will be reviewed and if you are selected to move forward, you will be contacted for a Zoom interview with the hiring manger. Final candidates will be selected by December 31, 2021.
For more information, visit stjude.org/alsacintern
To ensure the health and safety of the children and families at St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital as well as our donors, volunteers and colleagues, as a condition of employment, we require that employees adhere to ALSAC’s Vaccination Requirements, including COVID-19 Vaccination.
ALSAC is an equal employment opportunity employer.
ALSAC does not discriminate against any individual with regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or other protected status