Alliant Energy is currently recruiting for exciting internship opportunities for Summer 2022!
- Pay: Competitive wage earning between $15.50-$24.00/hour, dependent on experience, major, and year of schooling completed
- Hours: 40 hours/week
- Location: This position will be hybrid, working partially virtually with some days at the Madison General Office or traveling to different sites in Wisconsin.
An internship with Alliant Energy is your opportunity to apply your coursework to challenging and meaningful projects. Last summer, our interns completed projects with a direct impact on our company’s future, including creating customer experience proposals, meeting customer renewable energy needs, and implementing new systems. Interns were able to virtually network and learn about Alliant Energy through a kick-off event, executive luncheon, fun interdepartmental challenges, and other opportunities.
Hear directly from students what they liked best about interning at Alliant Energy: https://www.alliantenergy.com/internship
Apply today to explore this opportunity to learn and contribute to the Alliant Energy team!
- This internship was everything I hoped it would be and more. I did not meet one person throughout my internship that was not willing to help me succeed in whatever I was doing.
- Alliant has a very professional, yet fun internship program. I have learned so much throughout the summer and have been given many opportunities I did not think I would have. I have been treated as a real engineer, rather than a student, while still receiving guidance.
- There are few other internships that would provide the breadth of industry-specific exposure Alliant Energy does. This is evidenced by the wealth of educational, extracurricular activities offered: plant tours, environmental restoration projects, personal career development workshops, intern socials, team building events, and community baseball games. It’s clear that Alliant Energy invests in the future.
- From day one, the company has promoted and displayed a very supportive and tolerant work environment. As an incoming intern, I felt that I was given every opportunity available to succeed and my supervisors were very attentive to ensure that happened.
Alliant Energy will not consider individuals in F1 visa status for this position.
The Alliant Energy Business Development department is seeking two Business Development interns for Summer 2022 to lead research efforts in the development of new business opportunities that support the department’s growth strategy. Reporting directly to a manager, you will work closely with all members of the department to achieve established expectations. Successful candidates will have an entrepreneurial spirit, passion for research and a track record of being self-motivated.
Your job will be rewarding as you explore and evaluate new business opportunities at all stages of the development cycle to include targeting, prospecting and presenting a compelling business case. You will work effectively with decision makers including managers, directors and executives and will prepare and present persuasive presentations that effectively demonstrate the value of a business development opportunity. You also will have the opportunity to attend meetings and intern events.
Note: This role requires a valid driver’s license.
- Rising juniors or seniors pursuing a degree in Economic Development, Sales and Customer Service, Technology, Engineering, Urban Planning, Research and Analytics. or a similar field.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong research skills
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbally
- Self-motivated attitude and results-oriented
- Previous professional, internship, or coursework experience related to RFP, customer segmentation, or economic development.
- An active interest and desire to learn and bring fresh ideas to the utility industry
- Capable of working both independently and in diverse teams
- Curiosity and willingness to offer new insights
- Demonstrated organizational skills and personal accountability
Alliant Energy is committed to providing an inclusive work environment for all and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer where an applicant’s qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this dedication, Alliant Energy works to ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to preform key job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact YourHR@AlliantEnergy.com.
All candidates selected for employment with Alliant Energy will be required to successfully complete a drug screen and background check.
Disclaimer: The above information on this description has been crafted to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not crafted to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.