Staff Tax Accountant will support the Tax Manager and assist in ensuring accurate and timely completion of tax provision and compliance. Will assist in creating a positive team environment and ensure completion of day to day operations in the Corporate Accounting Department. This position requires the highest level of professionalism, confidentiality and integrity from an individual who is responsible and dependable.
Visa Sponsorship Available
Combination of Education and Experience will be considered. Must be authorized to work in the US as defined by the Immigration Act of 1986. Must pass a Criminal Background Check.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree
Education Details: Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Tax or other related field.
Years of Experience: Minimum two (2) years of professional experience in tax compliance and/or accounting, preferred.
Credit Check: No
Valid/Unexpired Passport Book Valid/Unexpired Driver’s License
• Computer skills, proficient in Microsoft Excel, solid communication and critical thinking abilities, strong analytical skills.
• Attention to detail is essential.
• Team approach and a positive attitude.
• Assist in preparation and filing of federal and state income tax returns and related work papers, maintain tax calendar, and assist in communication with various state taxing jurisdictions.
• Assist in preparation and filing of sales tax returns and related schedules, maintain tax calendar and make associated payments.
• Assist in preparation and filing of other non-income based tax returns (i.e. excise, TSA fees) and related supporting schedules, maintain tax calendar and make associated payments.
• Maintain tax depreciation records and responsible for depreciation calculation for the Company, provide accurate and timely reporting of tax depreciation when required.
• Maintain tax records for the engine consignment program and provide accurate and timely reporting of related tax deductions and other activity when required.
• Assistance in preparation and maintenance of roll forward and other accounting reports for certain accounts required in the closing process review, use in Company internal reporting package, and external reporting needs.
• Prepare and perform account reconciliations for the monthly closing process.
• Maintain proper records and documentation for Sarbanes – Oxley (SOX) compliance.
• Assist other departments for tax related areas and tax needs.
• Provide support and assistance to comply with internal and external audit requests.
• Other duties as assigned.
The Physical Demands and Work Environment described here are a representative of those that must be met by a Team Member to successfully perform the essential functions of the role. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the role.
Office – While performing the duties of this job, the Team Member is regularly required to stand, sit, talk, hear, see, reach, stoop, kneel, and use hands and fingers to operate a computer, key board, printer, and phone. May be required to lift, push, pull, or carry up to 20 lbs. May be required to work various shifts/days in a 24-hour situation. Regular attendance is a requirement of the role. Exposure to moderate noise (i.e. business office with computers, phones, printers, and foot traffic), temperature and light fluctuations. Ability to work in a confined area as well as the ability to sit at a computer terminal for an extended period of time. Some travel may be a requirement of the role.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Disability/Veteran
For more information, see Allegiant.com/careers
People of color, women, LGBTQIA+, immigrants, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.