Akuna Capital is a young and booming trading firm with a strong focus on cutting-edge technology, data driven decisions and automation. Our core competency is providing liquidity as an options market maker – meaning we provide competitive quotes that we are willing to both buy and sell. To do this successfully we design and implement our own low latency technologies, trading strategies and mathematical models.
Our Founding Partners, including Akuna’s CEO Andrew Killion, first conceptualized Akuna in their hometown of Sydney. They opened the firm’s first office in 2011 in the heart of the derivatives industry and the options capital of the world – Chicago. Today, Akuna is proud to operate from additional offices in Sydney, Shanghai, and Boston.
What you’ll do as a Junior Developer on the FPGA Team at Akuna:
We are seeking Junior Developers to join our innovative and growing technology team at Akuna. Junior Developers work alongside our experienced trading and software team to design and implement elegant solutions to complex and interesting problems. In this role you will:
- Use cutting-edge technology while working on high performance/low latency systems
- Collaborate with team members to investigate and create automated trading algorithms
- Work on high performance computing systems to break speed and performance boundaries
- Contribute to high-profile work that is important to the bottom line of the company
Qualities that make great candidates:
- BS/MS/ PhD in Computer and Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or related field completed upon employment
- Experience with digital logic circuit design, preferably using Verilog or SystemVerilog
- Demonstrated experience with bash, TCL and/or Python scripts
- Knowledge of networking protocols such as Ethernet II, IP, TCP, and UDP
- Strong analytic and problem-solving skills
- Ability to communicate with the trading team, obtain requirements, find solutions and implement them in a clean and concise way
- Create an easily understood and testable design that can change as quickly as market conditions require
- Passion for innovation and building systems from the ground up
- Ability to adapt to an ever-changing environment
- Graduating by Summer 2022
- Major GPA of 3.0 or above
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required on the first day of employment including F-1 students using OPT or STEM
Please note: if you have applied to multiple roles, you may be asked to complete multiple coding challenges and interviews.