As a healthcare company committed to protecting the health and safety for our employees, contractors, customers and communities, employees in this role are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless an accommodation has been granted for a medical reason or sincerely held religious belief.
Agilent inspires and supports discoveries that advance the quality of life. We provide life science, diagnostic and applied market laboratories worldwide with instruments, services, consumables, applications and expertise. Agilent enables customers to gain the answers and insights they seek — so they can do what they do best: improve the world around us. Information about Agilent is available at www.agilent.com.
The Chemistries Division’s Marketing team is looking for a talented individual to join the team as a Marketing intern. As an Intern, you will apply coursework knowledge to a variety of marketing hands-on projects. At the same time, you will gain and apply knowledge about digital marketing in projects you’ll be involved in. This is an opportunity to develop real world experience within a dynamic team of highly experienced professionals in a company that is a leader in the markets it serves. The Internship is part-time (15-20 hours) during the academic year and full time between semesters.
You will have a direct impact on how our products are loaded and positioned on our consumables website and viewed by internal teams and customers. You will assist in the addition of content to web pages through collaboration with product management and work closely with the division’s Digital Marketing Specialist to enhance product information.
- Work on marketing projects to enable strong eCommerce related content
- Maintain and enhance the content for the products in the current portfolio on Agilent’s internal sales portal
- Collaborate with product managers in the development of more content rich product pages
- Work with the Digital Marketing lead and product managers on the ecommerce and web strategy for newly identified opportunities as part of ongoing SEO and product page optimization activities
- Work on product content updates including submission of content via web operation requests
- Manage competing priorities through effective communication and time management skills
- Participate in collaborative team meetings
- Learn and apply the theory obtained during your academic program in a professional environment
For this intern role, we are looking for a motivated individual with an aptitude for marketing along with a technical background.
- The candidate must be pursuing a scientific degree (biomedical, life sciences, or analytical chemistry) or a business degree with an emphasis in marketing
- Understanding of SEO/SEM fundamentals and e-commerce is preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills and enjoy working in a fast-paced, dynamic team environment Have excellent interpersonal skills, strong oral communication skills
- Experience or the desire to learn what it takes to launch successful products and/or programs
- Organized, self-motivated, able to manage priorities & to work independently
- Ability to handle multiple projects and tasks
- Be detail-oriented and have a strong level of accountability
- Good understanding of the principles of marketing, Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Analyze & present marketing data
Note: Due to the restrictions of the pandemic you must be able to successfully work remotely and be flexible to accommodate both Eastern and Pacific Time hours.
Agilent Technologies, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.