Ag Services Operations Intern
Our Ag interns have the opportunity to experience operations in a variety of food processing plant facilities across the Midwest, such as oilseed processing or refinery locations, corn dry or wet-milling operations, or industrial chemicals manufacturing facilities. Internships are 12 weeks in duration during the summer. Our paid positions include fully-furnished, company-paid housing. Standard costs are reimbursed for relocating to and from the assigned location.
You will gain firsthand exposure to leadership, equipment troubleshooting and dealing with the myriad of challenges in a facility that operates around the clock, 365 days per year. This experience offers hands-on knowledge of the plant processes, products, and employees in the real word of manufacturing at ADM. Our program promotes the development of students while providing a training ground for potential future employees.
The internship consists of four key components:
- People management
- Project management
- Application of engineering expertise
- Building a safe work environment
You will receive consistent feedback and mentorship throughout your internship and will receive a final evaluation at the end of your experience. Students return to campus with a new focus on learning through their application of real-world experience from ADM.
- Pursuing a bachelor’s degree in agriculture, agriculture mechanization
- GPA of 2.8 or greater preferred
- Adequate transportation to and from work
- ADM requires the successful completion and of a pre-employment physical screening, drug screen/alcohol screen and background check is requireT
- his experience is physically demanding, and relates to those who desire hands-on experience in a production setting. Some tasks may require lifting, the ability to climb ladders, and working in confined spaces (including tanks and vessels).
There’s a place at ADM that will engage your mind, stimulate your professional development, and satisfy your hunger to make a vital difference. Are you ready to find a place to feed your passion?
About ADM: :
At ADM, we unlock the power of nature to provide access to nutrition worldwide. With industry-advancing innovations, a complete portfolio of ingredients and solutions to meet any taste, and a commitment to sustainability, we give customers an edge in solving the nutritional challenges of today and tomorrow. We’re a global leader in human and animal nutrition and the world’s premier agricultural origination and processing company. Our breadth, depth, insights, facilities and logistical expertise give us unparalleled capabilities to meet needs for food, beverages, health and wellness, and more. From the seed of the idea to the outcome of the solution, we enrich the quality of life the world over. Learn more at www.adm.com