Who Are We?
ABS Global is a market leader in dairy and beef genetics and is uniquely positioned as a global player, with a dedicated, multi-species research and development (R&D) function and an international distribution network. We breed and distribute the genes of the world’s best bulls, scientifically selecting livestock whose offspring is designed to increase the profitability of our customers, who are some of the world’s biggest farmers and food producers. Our quality products are supported by a team of specialized technical and genetic service personnel skilled in delivering solutions that enhance customer profit and support our sales team efforts. We are currently hiring for a Technical and Genetic Service Intern based in our headquarters – DeForest, WI.
Our vision is clear: Pioneering animal genetic improvement to help nourish the world.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a highly motivated professional to join our team as a Technical and Genetic Services Intern – Bilingual available in our headquarters – DeForest, WI. The ideal candidate will know how to breed cows and have an interest in learning more about how we provide technical support to our customers through on-farm trainings (reproductive, maternity, parlor procedures and more), data analysis and reporting and farm visits as well genetic advising through genetic audit, farm visits and genetic planning.
Working with the Technical and Genetic Services Specialists as well the Global Head of Technical and Genetic Services, the intern will also have an opportunity to be exposed to other departments during the internship. The priorities of this internship position include:
- To understand how we implement an ABS proven technical solutions through hands-on involvement and training with customers, their staff, and local ABS management.
- Measuring and reporting the progress and results of the technical and genetic services initiatives.
- Constantly seeking new ways to deliver value to customers.
- The successful candidate will be pursuing a Veterinary, Dairy or Animal Science, Animal Breeding, Genetics degree, or another related field
- Candidates pursuing a post graduate studies in Dairy, Animal Science or Genetics are welcome to apply.
- The ability to speak in both English and Spanish is required to fulfill the internship.
- The ability to read and write in Spanish is desired.
- Insemination experience preferred
- Excellent communication skills are required.
What Can We Offer You?
At ABS, we offer professional challenges and competitive compensation, together with the opportunities that come with working for a global organization. We offer an environment where personal growth in encouraged.