Primary Function / Primary Goals / Objectives
As a key member of the Contract Analytics team, this individual will be responsible for performing data analysis to provide insights into AbbVie’s key customers across multiple channels of business such as Commercial, Medicare and Medicaid.
The role requires collaboration with several stakeholders including Finance, Marketing, IT as well as field-based Account Managers. With a focus on commercial and government contracting, and rebate programs this role will help to ensure AbbVie has the appropriate pricing and contracting strategy in place for our current products, as well as future pipeline products.
The Contract Analytics function focuses on improving the effectiveness of pharmaceutical contracting efforts with key Commercial and Government payors through sophisticated analytical methods. This individual will drive the effectiveness of the Managed Markets sales function across multiple therapeutic areas and customer segments. The individual in this role is responsible for data analysis using SAS and SQL, that advises and optimally executes AbbVie’s contracting strategies. Knowledge of key data modeling (using SAS/ SQL) and analytics approaches (advanced Excel skills) is required. Ideal candidate will also be knowledgeable of key pharmaceutical data including IQVIA, SHA, Truven etc.
- Responsible for communicating findings, results, and recommendations of analysis/research across therapeutic areas to improve gross-to-net sales performance while ensuring the quality and accuracy of all analytical results. Key areas of functional scope include:
- Strengthening the execution of pricing and contracting strategies by testing, refining, and suggesting methods to optimize contracting models and methodologies.
- Developing an understanding of contracting strategies in each customer segment; build strong working relationships with business partners in each segment; develop familiarity with key contracts in each segment.
- Modeling payor response to potential contract terms, formulary placement and utilization management tactics for Commercial and Medicare accounts, and make recommendations.
- Interfacing with key customers to share results of contract analyses.
- Tracking post-deal account level performance, conducting variance analysis, and assessing ROI using customer and secondary data sources.
- Providing analyses via periodically generated reports on key metrics and trends to Managed Markets Sales and Marketing Leadership teams, and other internal customers.
- Consulting with managed care account management to develop metrics for identifying opportunities that improve geographic and/or account performance.
- Gathering data from multiple sources (e.g., customer rebates, chargebacks, IQVIA, SHA etc.) and update existing analysis tools and core data.
- Build relationships internally – e.g., with Pricing, Finance, Account Directors, Marketing Analytics and Business Insights, Brand Marketing & Sales, etc. – to accomplish team goals and to support goals of others.
- Required: Bachelor’s degree in one of the following fields: Market Research, Statistics, Economics, Actuarial Science, Engineering, Finance, and/or Applied Mathematics.
The individual in this role should have the following background:
- Strong programming background (SAS, SQL, Teradata) to be able to query databases to obtain necessary patient and payer level information for analysis
- Working knowledge of multivariate statistics, analytical software and pharmaceutical data sources (IMS, Symphony Health, Truven, HIRC, etc.)
- Minimum of 2+ years of experience in market analytics, and field sales support in the pharmaceutical or related industry.
Overall, Contract Analytics in AbbVie focuses on maximizing the return on customer rebates/discounts across all therapeutic areas. The team’s mission specifically focuses on optimizing promotional spending by therapeutic areas, products and sales forces, ensuring that rebate spending is evaluated for ROI, and impacting the execution of commercial strategy.
- Accounts within scope of the position up to $1.0 BB in AbbVie sales.