Mental Health Therapist Intern Job Description
Come join our team! A Peace of Mind Counseling Services, LLC is a Mental Health Therapist Intern to come join our team of exceedingly brilliant mental health professionals.
Our mission and vision, here at A Peace of Mind Counseling Services, LLC, is to support individuals with being able to live a cheerful, nourishing, and very fruitful life. We know that every person deserves to receive the help and support from a licensed professional who will partner with them to restore their inner mind. Our interns will learn to conduct individual, family, group, and couples counseling session that starts with the age of 5 & up. Our objective is to find and support the most effective and efficient interns that will be able to support our clients while learning to better themselves as they continue to develop own experiences as a mental health professional.
Tasks, duties, and responsibilities
· Learn to performs psychological evaluations for individuals with mental health and medical disorders for purposes of diagnostic clarification and treatment planning recommendations within scope of expertise. These evaluations employ a comprehensive diagnostic interview, review of available records, collateral contact when available, as well as objective, and cognitive tests when indicated.
· Learn to develop and implement individualized treatment plans
· Learning to develop and provide a range of psychological therapeutic interventions, including group and individual formats, with individuals with mental health and substance abuse disorders utilizing empirically supported modalities when indicated, within scope of expertise,
· Learning to assist in and conducts individual, family and group psychotherapy and psychoeducational groups.
· Participating and consulting on treatment team meetings and other conferences for diagnosis and treatment planning.
· Serving on an interdisciplinary team with focus on the intrapersonal, interpersonal, and relational functioning of individuals, groups, and families and on the counseling approaches, strategies, and techniques that will best help patients function effectively
· Learning how to document and maintain clinical records of all communications and interactions with clients and their progress accordingly
· Performs related work as assigned.
Required Education & Experience
The skills and abilities required for prospective candidates to meet are as followed:
- All candidates are required to be in a master’s program but not limited to human services and social work
- Ability to communicate and interact with people of various temperaments and behaviors
- Observational skills to details and are quick to identify behavioral inconsistency