About the Position:
340B Health has an immediate opening for a highly motivated Government Relations intern who is eager to learn how a non-profit health care trade association engages in the policy making process at the federal level. This fast-paced internship requires a minimum of 20 hours per week and will focus on issues that affect hospitals participating in the Federal 340B drug discount program. This is an excellent opportunity to join a small government relations team working to address the policy and advocacy needs of their membership.
This internship reports directly to the Grassroots and Advocacy Manager and is remote until the 340B Health office reopens. At that time, this position will be based in our Washington, DC office.
· Provide critical support for the Government Relations team through the monitoring and reporting of congressional hearings and tracking relevant legislation
· Join and support interactive and dynamic meetings with 340B Health counterparts, 340B Health consultants, and other stakeholders in the healthcare safety net
· Initiate the organization and updating of educational briefing materials for congressional meetings
· Manage growing database of congressional lists, 340B Health contacts, and advocacy activity
· Support grassroots efforts through organizing and tracking of advocacy engagement, including building on existing library of grassroots documents, tracking key contacts, and more
· Other government relations duties as assigned
· Undergraduate rising senior or graduate student in political science, government, public policy/administration, or a related field
· Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
· Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills
· Experience working with Microsoft Power Point, Excel, and Word
· Ability to work collaboratively within a team in a fast-paced environment
· Action-oriented and ability to manage and meet deadlines
· Strong understanding of policy environment and/or past experience working for or closely with Capitol Hill, state or local government, policy organizations (e.g. think tanks, advocacy groups), or in another government relations-related role
· Prior experience working on issues related to drug pricing, the healthcare safety net, or hospitals
· Familiarity with grassroots management or advocacy software
To apply please email a cover letter and resume to GRIntern@340bhealth.org. Please state the starting date of your availability and how you learned about this position.