IMPORTANT! To participate in this event you must:
1. Register in Handshake to receive an email with your Zoom link
2. Check your Handshake Account Settings: To receive emails/updates (including the Zoom link to participate) for this event, you must have the correct notification settings checked in your Handshake profile. (See below for further instructions.)
Who is this program designed for?
The Women as Leaders program is designed for women* in business who want to participate in a co-curricular learning community of Johns Hopkins Carey Business School students and alumni interested in connecting, strengthening, envisioning, exploring, empowering, and supporting one another to become more influential and successful leaders.
*This program offers a safe and open space for transgender and non-binary people. We work together to create an inclusive experience.
What will I gain from participating?
Through conversation, assessment, readings, guest speakers and self-reflection, participants will:
• Expand connections
• Identify unique strengths
• Create a personal, professional vision
• Explore aspects of leadership
• Empower and support one another as members of the Carey Business School community
Those interested in committing to a journey of personal and professional growth should register. Previous participants raved about the ability to network across the student and alumni community.
Note: Sessions are interconnected and build on one other; participants should plan to attend all. Those who participate in Session 1 will receive an invitation to participate in the remaining sessions shortly after 10/27.
Sessions include the following topics, most have guest speakers, and all will have discussions and networking break-outs:
• Session 1: Wednesday, October 27, 2021 – 4:45 – 6pm EST – Leading with connection
• Session 2: November 3, 2021 – 4:45 – 6pm EST – Leading with strength
• Session 3: November 10, 2021 – 4:45 – 6pm EST – Leading with vision
• Session 4: November 17, 2021 – 4:45 – 6pm EST – Leading with vulnerability
• Session 5: December 1, 2021 – 4:45 – 6pm EST – Leading with authenticity
• Session 6: December 8, 2021 – 4:45 – 6pm EST – Leading with community
To receive emails/updates for this event, you must RSVP AND have the correct notification settings checked in your Handshake profile. Specifically, at a minimum, please be certain to check the following items: 1) An event that I joined is updated and 2) Upcoming events I’ve joined.
To learn more about updating your personal notification settings, go here: https://support.joinhandshake.com/hc/en-us/articles/115009912427-Managing-Your-Notification-Preferences
• Please contact Karen Hansberger at email@example.com or 410-234-9270 at least one week prior to the event to request disability accommodations. In all situations, a good faith effort (up until the time of the event) will be made to provide accommodations.”