Today marks the start of the Fall 2021 semester, and Johns Hopkins University greets students of the new Class of 2025. Here are some facts about our new freshman year students.
- Virtually everyone participated in some sort of community service or volunteering activity.
- 42% were involved in political activities like student government, social justice issues, and environmental issues.
- Well over half worked at jobs in their communities, mostly to help their families.
- 79% are artists, expressing and defining culture through music, painting, theater, photography, acting, and dance.
- The vast majority were involved with athletics at either the varsity, JV or recreational level with many doing more than one sport.
- And perhaps most noteworthy, 18% of our incoming students are intrepid trailblazers being the first in their family to attend college.
Excited to meet the new class of students? You’ll have this opportunity at The Future Fest 2021 that will take place on October 4-7, 2021!