Looking for a job? Peabody Institute compiled some tips for you below!
Access multiple databases
- Start with Handshake and SMILE. Peabody Institute website also has an External Job Search Links tool on their website.
- Search using filters, keywords, or even simple scrolling.
- You can supplement with conventional search engines like Google, but this may produce incomplete results.
We suggest quick investigations daily and more intensive searches weekly.
Join professional organizations
You can use these to gain access to global networks and specialty job listings. See Explore Career Paths webpage on Peabody’s website for more information.
- Connect with professionals in your field so they can think of you when opportunities arise.
- Create a profile on LinkedIn, take part in conferences and festivals.
- Grow your online presence through your website and social media. Here’s a guide on how to build your website.
Submit polished materials
- When you apply for a position, use a finely crafted cover letter and resume catered to the duties and qualifications listed in the job description.
- Visit LAUNCHPad’s Professional Materials page for tips and templates.
Peabody’s LAUNCHPad can help! Contact them to discuss your goals, identify search strategies, and refine your application materials.